Salt & Soul Brick & Mortar
Welcome to Salt & Soul, Your Local Market
Salt & Soul was created during the Covid-19 pandemic. We saw an urgent need to support and buy local online, but when we searched for one spot to shop local businesses online, we came up short. There was something missing and we jumped in to fill that void with Salt & Soul. Since that time, we have expanded and evolved to create an all inclusive community of over 75 businesses (and growing!) in Oklahoma.
We are excited to announce the next step for Salt & Soul is to move into a brick and mortar store! If you are reading this, we are hoping you will be partnering with us in this new journey! On this page, you will find the details on what a partnership with us will look like including the details on the community we are moving into, the perks, and the fees. However, if you have any questions please contact us at the information below.
We understand how important your business is to you and why picking the right partnership is essential. Here’s a few reasons we think you will love working with us.
- We maintain the space- our vendor space is fluid. We have found the cohesive space provides opportunities to showcase and accentuate vendor products. This frees up more of your time to do what you love! No more spending every week stopping by the booth to fix everything customers have rummaged through over the weekend. We have you covered! With our partnership, we completely handle the stocking and showcasing of your products.
- Community- when you partner with us, you join a community of over 75 local businesses and growing. We offer a private FB group for our vendors to ask questions, share wins, and keep in touch about happenings in Oklahoma.
- Product listing in the online Salt & Soul Store– looking for additional online exposure, but don’t want to maintain it or have to fulfill? Vendors in our store will have the option to have their products listed online in our store.*
- Exposure on social media– we will be highlighting your products on our social media platforms. Stories, posts, videos, all extending your audience reach. Additionally, we partner with local influencers to increase our reach.
- We treat your products like our own- we understand the labor and love that went into your products and treat them with the utmost respect.
- Wholesale opportunities– interested in getting into wholesale? We can help with that. Our online store offers a simple wholesale platform that we can promote your products on.
- Discounts- vendor-to-vendor discount program, event discounts, shipping discounts, and more, all included with being a part of our community.
- Events- offer special classes showcasing your skills? Interested in larger retail events? We will be hosting regular events at our new space!
- Baskets- another component of our store will be pre-made baskets using Oklahoma products. As a vendor in our store, you have the opportunity to be featured in these baskets increasing your customer reach and regular sales.
*This will be separate from a full store on our website. These options are also available.
This is an investment for your company and something you have to carefully consider! Outlined below are the associated costs with our partnership. You always know the fees upfront so there are no surprises.
A three month contract will be required to begin, but after that you have the option to go month-to-month.
- As previously mentioned, the space is fluid. We will not have assigned booth space, but will be showcasing the products inner mixed through the store to best highlight your products. Additionally, this gives us the opportunity to constantly highlight new products and keep customers interested and engaged.
- There are two space options (again this is not assigned space, it will be integrated with all products). Space options are to give you an idea of how much product should be submitted
- In store retail sales will incur a 10% fee.
- If we assist in facilitating a wholesale order, they will incur a 10% fee.
- If you would like us to pull product and include in our pre-made baskets, this will incur a 30% fee- like a wholesale order- and paid out at the end of the month with the rest of your sales.
- Those that participate in our pre-made basket program will also have the opportunity for an online listing in our Salt & Soul store* page on our website. We fulfill orders placed through this page and there will be a 30% fee.
*If you have a store of your own on the Salt & Soul website this will be separate/additional. If you have your own store on Salt & Soul where you fulfill the product yourself, these will continue to only incur a 10% commission fee.
We will be offering a rotating gallery for local artists to display and sell their work. Contract time will be for 8 weeks, but no upfront cost will be required. When an item sells through the store 15% commission will be incurred. Space is extremely limited!
Interested in getting additional exposure for your business? We would love to put your gift cards/certificates in the store. Additionally, we would offer them as an add on option for all of our baskets. A 10% commission fee will be incurred on gift cards.
Reserve Your Space
To reserve your vendor space, please fill out the form below, complete payment, sign and return the below contract to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your space will not be reserved until payment is completed and a signed contract is returned to Salt & Soul. You are committing to a three month contract, but only first month payment is due at this time.
We hope that you will join us in this exciting new adventure! As always, if you have any questions contact us at the information below.
We look forward to working with you!
Nichole Pitman | Founder